We Are So Hiring!
And we just can't hide it!
Strawberry Lemonade Events is proud to welcome a new member to the team. This is a freelance post and based in Liverpool.
Strawberry Lemonade Events: Project Coordinator
Based:Liverpool- A mix of remote working and from course venue (tbc)
Hours: 2 days per week/ 16 hours per week
Type: Initial 3 month freelance contract from Mid July to Mid October
Interviews will be hosted on zoom on July 10th 2020.
About Strawberry Lemonade Events:
We are a corporate event management company specializing in conferences and charity fundraisers. But we are also a social enterprise, meaning we train, recruit and mentor people facing social exclusion issues such as homelessness, mental health challenges and those in recovery.
We do this by running our Event Management Fundamentals course which is made up of various modules including customer service, event management and digital marketing. We also host field trips with our industry partners so course participants can gain an insight into the possible career options in the industry.
The role of the Project Coordinator includes but is not limited to:
Outreach across Liverpool to promote courses and recruit attendees.
Meeting targets to ensure we reach as many people as possible.
Manage attendees, keep in contact with and offer support when needed.
Help with facilitation of course which may include room set up duties and covering basic modules.
Establish partnerships with like minded third, public and private sector organisations.
All course admin including ensuring all prior course attendee checks are done.
Helping with grant monitoring priorities and data capture.
Why work with Strawberry Lemonade Events?
SLE is a unique start up which has quickly grown over the past 18 months. Initially based in Edinburgh, the organisation has expanded across Scotland and is now launching our Event Management Fundamentals course in Liverpool.
We work with high profile clients including TED, Travalyst (Prince Harry) and have organised events on behalf of clients with Jamie Carragher, John Bishop and Ricky Tomlinson. We are one of the only social enterprise event management firms in the UK and strive to end the stigma surrounding people facing social exclusion while working in partnership with the third, public and private sector to create opportunities for our Event Support Crew (service users).
We are a small but expanding team who enjoy a mix of remote and office work. We have a relaxed and fun culture all geared towards creating positive social change through events.
The candidate must:
• Have prior experience working with people from the vulnerable groups we work with (homelessness, mental health struggles, addiction challenges)
• Be able to hit the ground running
• Have a valid advanced DBS check
• Be self motivated, with can do attitude that understands this role due to being new will require some flexibility
• Be excited for a new challenge
• Be proficient with Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
• Uphold our ethics and values
• Promote equal opportunities and the well-being of our Event Support Crew (Service Users)
• Establish good relationships with our Event Support Crew and team members
• Motivate and empower our Event Support Crew
• Manage their time and schedules effectively
• Follow company policies and procedures
• To work in partnership with the multi-disciplinary professionals all working for the benefit of our service users
• Always uphold high quality standards of person centered care and support
• To make appropriate referrals in consultation with the line manager
• To take part in the evaluation and development of services within the team
• Maintain database with contacts and partnership information
• Driving License
• Previous events or hospitality experience
• Previous CRM/ Database experience
Please send a C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3pm on July 7th 2020. Interviews will be hosted on Zoom on July 10th 2020. With the role commencing potentially w/c July 20th 2020.